Thursday, March 01, 2007

Aaron Petersen - my current obsession


There's an artist rep'd at Ruth Bachofner Gallery in Santa Monica named Aaron Petersen. I've loved his work ever since his solo show there last year, but his new works really blow me away! While his earlier pieces had a earthy, muted and mellow feeling, these new works are so sensual and organic.

This triptych, "Metro," is so beautiful, like a red hot sky full of melting balloons and leaking clouds. It looks like how a dark, smoky jazz bar sounds.

5 comments:

gc said...

Aaron Peterson - I am speechless. This is incredible.

holarubia said...

Isn't it beautiful?!?!? Good incentive to play the lottery...

Anonymous said...

I want one of theses works!! Gosh these are gorgeous. I am so happy you are here to let us know about all the wonderful things in the world. I think I need to get a tryptich of EARNEST!! He's aewsome.

Unknown said...

hes great i wanna know more about his art help me, where can i see more, just today i was reading some stuff about him in a magazine

holarubia said...

hi enid. i'd be glad to tell you more, just drop me an email at holarubia@verizon.net. thanks for reading!