Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dalí alert at LACMA!

Just a heads up, there's an interesting Dalí exhibition coming up at LACMA. Dali: Painting & Film opens Oct. 14 and runs through Jan. 6. Now you can't say I didn't tell you about it. The show will be an interesting take on Dalí's connection with film as an artistic medium, and "aims to illustrate the cinematic influences and elements that are present in Dalí's work as well as the contribution he made to cinema. The exhibition brings together a variety of key pieces from Dalí's oeuvre, incorporating painting, film, photography, sculpture, and texts." Sounds cool to me!

The magic time to go will be in its first two weeks, when you can also view The Arts in Latin America, 1492-1820, which closes October 28. I keep hearing great things about this epic exhibition, and I can't wait to see works such as this one, The Divine Shepherdess (detail), from Quito, Ecuador, circa 1780.

1 comment:

gc said...

What would I do without you! I'm sure I would ne'er leave mi casa. Thank you!