Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Last Train" by Bas Waijers


My friend Bas Waijers (pronounced "Boss Wires") is a really incredible artist and designer. He speaks fondly of his love of Disney characters as a child in Holland, and now creates his own, fantastic characters. He a freelancer and always looking for awesome clients!

He recently sent me this new, gorgeously spooky illustration. In his words, this is the description of this piece:
"The other day I was thinking about war and global warming, and I got the ominous feeling that we're all heading into the wrong direction. It inspired me to make this piece 'Last Train.' Luckily, it seems that a lot of people are waking up to this problem, I hope we can turn this around!"

He and his wife live in NYC and are expecting a baby, making this work even more poignant.

Click here to view Bas's blog.
Click here to check out his awesome characters.

No comments: