Monday, April 23, 2012

Cooking with David

Since I'm working on a foodie travel piece about our trip for Edible Austin (and since I'm fairly hopeless in the kitchen), I've spent some time with David in his wonderful kitchen, learning to do some chef-y things. There's no one more ardently devoted to locavore-ism that David, and his savvy canning abilities means he can have fresh tomato sauce year-round.

 Love the shirt!

Yes, that's me, making paella. Check out David's gorgeous paella pan, straight from Spain.

Needless to say, David deserves 99.9999% of the credit...I just really stirred the stuff around.
 
Chicken, chorizo, mussels, prawns, lobsters, clams...they're all there, all from the local market. I must say, it was super delicious (even though the lobster was a bit overcooked).  

And since the recipe was apparently created to feed a small army, we had enough for seconds, and left-overs the next day. Chloe loved it! She was fascinated by the "sea shells." Thanks for the fun paella lesson David! I can't imagine making it without you.

No comments: