Thursday, October 16, 2008

Terry Andrews

Back to Austin we go...we visited our friends Greg and Angie one day, and their living room walls were covered in the most gorgeous paintings. Rich and delicate, with lustrous insects in luminescent colors. I was floored when I learned they were by Angie's father! I didn't know her dad was an artist, must less such an accomplished one.

Turns out he lives in Houston as is the Preparator at the MFA. He's also represented at McMurtrey Gallery there. It was funny to discover that he's shown at Froelick Gallery in Portland - Eric and I met Charles Froelick (the gallery's owner) years ago on our honeymoon in Palm Springs, and visited him on a trip to Portland. The world continues to get smaller....

Although the images on the gallery's web site are more figurative than those at Angie's house, they're just as lovely and hypnotic, like this oil and graphite on panel piece shown above, titled "Broken" from 2007. I love discovering new work just when it's least expected!

3 comments:

RosesRoadTrip said...

Cari! I didn't know you wrote about this! We just found it when looking for dad's art online. Would you believe your blog is the only thing we could find? Crazy :)

RosesRoadTrip said...

Cari! I didn't know you wrote about this! We just found it when looking for dad's art online. Would you believe your blog is the only thing we could find? Crazy :)

holarubia said...

Oh my gosh this is so funny! I totally forgot that he showed at Froelick Gallery. Love it! What a blast from the past. :)