Friday, March 20, 2009

Farewell, Day to Day

Working at home alone, I'm very dependent on outside voices to keep me company - which means I listen to NPR pretty much all day long. For six years now, the 9-10am hour meant listening to "Day to Day," a rather encyclopedic news program that covered stories around the world - from right here in the LA area.

But today I'm feeling a little sad (and a little mad at NPR!); the last broadcast of "Day to Day" just aired, and it's a real loss to the airwaves. As if watching the LA Times shrink daily wasn't heartbreaking enough, now I must lose the familiar voices of Madeleine Brand and Alex Cohen, who were so engaging in their coverage of national and world affairs.

Fortunately, they're not completely gone. Here are links to follow them online, along with D2D's producer, Steve Proffitt. Day to Day, you will be missed!

Madeleine Brand
www.madeleinebrand.com

Alex Cohen
www.alexcoheninla.blogspot.com/

Steve Proffitt
www.nicejobmedia.blogspot.com

4 comments:

nicejob said...

Thanks for the kind words. We will miss our listeners as well.

gc said...

Ditto on your post, Rubia. I listened every morning and am in complete denial that it's over. Nice shout out to the D2D team.

Vivie Bear said...

Hey we're sad too down here in Dallas about losing Day to Day too!

dog food sugar said...

OH NO! I listened to this on the satellite radio. I really liked their Bryant Park show too. Bummer.