Thursday, March 05, 2009

Femme on Femme installation, part deux

Just returned from checking on the installation, which is humming along. The placement of works that Paul and I discussed the other day worked out really well, so let the hanging begin! Here's Taravat's work going up.



Here are Selina's works, about to be hung. I'm so happy they're in a spot that gets loads of natural light, all their shimmery-ness will really come out!





This is where Mary Woronov's work will go. I was so sad to have to leave one piece behind at her studio - it was too big for both the van AND the gallery!




And here is where the lovely work by Regina Allen will be. It's her piece that's on the invite and banner. They look terrific, all hanging together!




The last two artists whose work weren't staged enough to photograph are Cynthia Evans and Moira Hahn (two Long Beach artists!). I hope to get those shot on Monday.

Here's yours truly with that awesome banner! I have been working on this show since before I got pregnant, so it has been quite a journey. It has been really interesting, being pregnant with a little girl while working on a show that explores feminist issues. I feel like the little Junebug has been along for the ride and inspiring me along the way!

3 comments:

dezboi said...

Cari -- great to see a new pic of you!

Nantucket Washashore (aka Linda Sonnonstine Spery) said...

Cari....Congrats on your new exhibition and little Cari, Jr.! What are the dates of the run of the show? Hope to see it on my next trip to California.

holarubia said...

Thanks Linda! Hopefully you'll be in California soon, since the show only runs through April 3. Hope you're well, I'm sure you're looking forward to Spring!