Friday, February 20, 2009

Flora Bowley at ArtForte Gallery in Seattle

I almost forgot about one more post from our trip. In Seattle we spent a little time checking out some galleries in Pioneer Square, one of downtown's oldest neighborhoods. A big gorgeous painting in the window of Art Forte Gallery caught our eye - a work by Flora Bowley. This is her piece above. I heart it! It's no surprise that I connected with it, it fits perfectly into that category of work that I always fall for - abstract, vibrant colors, full of life - although she definitely has her own unique style. She infuses her work with fun splashes of nature in a lovely way, without being maudlin or over the top about it.

I hoped she was a new artist whose work could be had for a bargain. No such luck. She has been around for a while and her prices are definitely out of our wee budget. Although, I do see she offers giclee prints of her work at very reasonable prices. Click here for info. Hmm, might have to add one to the baby registry!

Click here to visit Flora's terrific web site.

1 comment:

gc said...

Sooooo beautiful!